Thyroid status in patients with chronic renal failure at the terminal stage on programmed hemodialysis
Public Institution «The National Research Center of Transplantation of organs and tissues of human» Ministry of Health of RT
* Сhair of General Surgery N1 of Avicenna TSMU
The status of the thyroid gland (TG) in 160 patients with chronic renal failure (CRF) on the terminal stage are being treated by programmed hemodialysis was examined. Among the investigated patients in 27.5% thyroid disease were first diagnosed.
In 44 (27.5%) patients with chronic renal failure and concomitant goiter were noted increasing levels of total and free triiodothyronine (T3), total and free thyroxine (T4) taking chronic hemodialysis in comparison of patients with chronic renal failure without concomitant goiter and absence of response of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) on existing changes of peripheral hormones. In 6 (13.6%) patients have been noted rising levels of TSH with increasing time of chronic hemodialysis, which gave reason to consider that using TSH is biochemical cause of hypothyroidism in patients without thyroid disease.
The increasing size of thyroid registered more often in patients with chronic renal failure on hemodialysis more than a year, than in patients with chronic renal failure in the predialysis period or on dialysis up to a year.
Keywords: thyroid, chronic renal failure, programmed hemodialysis.
Materials on the topic:
- Surgical treatment of idiopathik scared stenose of trachea
- Clinical - immunological disorders in urogenital chlamydiosis in men
- Evaluation of medication «Corvitin» in complex treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction
- Prevalence of liver cirrhosis in Tajikistan
- Results of therapy patients in acute stage of HIV infection among prisoners
- Analysis of pregnant women morbidity, such as research microelement status of women's population living in districts of town Lipetsk with different atnropotehnogenic load
- Hormonal and metabolic concept of pathogenesis prostate diseases
- MEDICINES INFLUENCING ON REGENERATION OF PERIPHERIAL NERVES
- ABDOMINOPLASTICS IN PATIENTS WITH POSTOPERATING SCARS OF FRONT ABDOMENWALL
- PROCESS OF RECANALIZATION IN YEARLY PERIOD AFTER ACUTE TROMBOPHLEBITIS OF DEEP VEINS OF LOW EXTREMITIS