CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL CHANGES OF NON-GONOCOCCAL URETHRITIS
Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Objective: To study the clinical features and the state of general immunological reactivity in non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) in men.
Methods: Examined 100 men between the ages of 20 and 48 years: 75 patients of NGU (main group) and 25 healthy (control group). The average age of the patients was 26.7±1.7 years, and the male of control group was 27.9±1.7 years. Clinical, microscopic, immunological research methods were used, including direct immunofluorescence (DIF), polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
Results: Ureaplasma urealyticum was found in 37 (49.3%) patients, 33 (44%) had Chlamydia trachomatis, 23 (30.7%) had Mycoplasma genitalium, 16 (21.3%) had Trichomonas vaginalis. In 24 (32%) of NGU patients had a mixed infection: in 14 (18.7%) had a combination of two STIs and in 10 (13, 3%) had three infections. In 51 (68%) of patients the process passed in the form of monoinfection. Various complaints (dysuric disorders, pain, discomfort and agglutination of the labium urethra) were presented by 51 (68%) of sick patients. The excretions from the urethra were marked in 46 (61.3%) of patients, reproductive disorders are 3 times less common. Immunological disorders were manifested by a decrease in CD4 and CD8 lymphocytes, PHA, PN and IL-10, increase – IgM, IgG, CIC, TNFα, IL-1β.
Conclusion: The most common cause of NGU is Ureaplasma urealyticum and Chlamydia trachomatis. In most cases NGU proceeds in the form of monoinfection. Subjective and objective symptoms occur in 64% and 59% of patients, respectively. Immunological disorders were detected in 71% of patients.
Keywords: Non-gonogococcal urethritis, direct immunofluorescence, immunoenzyme method , polymerase chain reaction.
- Mavrov GI, Ivashchenco LV, Shcherbakova YuV, Orlova KS. Kliniko-epidemiologicheskie osobennosti urogenital’nogo сhlamidioza na sovremennom etape [Clinical and epidemiological features of urogenital chlamydiosis at the present stage]. Dermatologiya i venerologiya. 2014;1:61-6
- Sangov BCh, Saidzoda BI. Klinikai uretroprostatiti khlamydiyavi [Chlamydia urethra prostatitis clinic]. Аvchi zukhal. 2019;1:67-72.
- Saidzoda BI. Khususiyathoi khosi klinikai uretrithoi gayrigonokokki dar mardon [Clinical features of nongonococcal urethritis in men]. Аvchi zukhal. 2019;4.148-151.
- Horner PJ, Blee K, Falk L, van der Meijden W, Moi H. 2016 European guideline on the management of non-gonococcal urethritis. Int J STD and AIDS. 2016;27(11):928-37. Available from: https://doi. org/10.1177/0956462416648585.
- Saidzoda BI. Osobennosty kliniki negonokokkovykh uretritov [Clinical features of nongonococcal urethritis]. Zdorov’e, demografiya, ekologiya Finno-ugorskikh narodov. 2019;4:45-7.
- Fyodorova VA, Sultanakhmedov ES, Saltykov YuV, Utts SR, Motin VL. Sovershenstvovanie laboratornoy diagnostiki urogenital’noy khlamidiynoy infektsii u patsientov s narusheniem reproduktivnoy funktsii, infitsirovannykh Chlamydia trachomatis [Improvement of laboratory diagnosis of urogenital chlamydial infection in patients with reproductive disorders infected with Chlamydia trachomatis]. Vestnik dermatologii i venerologii. 2017;2:34-44.
- Boiko I, Golparian D, Krynytska I, Unemo M. High prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and particularly Trichomonas vaginalis diagnosed using US FDA-approved Aptima molecular tests and evaluation of conventional routine diagnostic tests in Ternopil, Ukraine. APMIS. 2019;21. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/apm.12975.
- Saidov BI. Sovremennye aspekty terapii vospalitel’nykh zabolevaniy urogenital’nogo trakta u muzhchin [Modern aspects of therapy of inflammatory diseases of the urogenital tract at men]. Zdravookhranenie Tadzhikistana. 2018;3:55-9.
- Baud D, Vulliemoz N, Ammerdorffer A, Gyger J, Greub G, Castella V, Stojanov M. Waddlia chondrophila, a Chlamydia-related bacterium, has a negative impact on human spermatozoa. Hum Reprod. 2018;33(1):3-10. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dex342.
- Feodorova VA, Zaitsev SS, Saltykov YV, Ulyanov SS, Motin VL. Multi-locus sequence analysis reveals a novel sequence type of Chlamydia trachomatis in Saratov Region, Russia. New Microbes New Infect. 2019;3:100584. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nmni.2019.100584.
- Saidzoda BI. Izuchenie immunogo statusa pri negonokokkovykh uretritakh [Studying immune status in nongonococcal urethritis]. Zdorov’e, demografiya, ekologiya Finno-ugorskikh narodov. 2019;4:42-5.
- Arif N, Juyal D, Sebastian S, Khanna N, Dhawan B. Analysis of laboratory testing results for Chlamydia trachomatis infection in an STI clinic in India: Need for extragenital screening. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2017;57:1-2. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2017.01.004.
- Vengerenko ME, Penzhoyan GA, Ponomaryov VV, Artyushkov VV, Zhuyko AA. Primenenie natriya gipokhlorita v kompleksnom lechenii urogenital’nogo khlamidioza [Use of sodium hypochloritis in the integrated treatment of urogenital chlamydiosis]. Kubanskiy nauchnyy meditsinskiy vestnik. 2018;25(1):62-8.
- Askhakov MS, Chebotarev VV, Arutyunyan GG, Akobyan AA. Sovremennye metody diagnostiki urogenital’noy khlamidiynoy infektsii [Modern diagnostic methods of urogenital chlamydial infection]. Internauka. 2018;4-1:17-9.
- Khomidov MF, Saidzoda BI. Diagnostika i lechenie negonokokkovykh uretritov u muzhchin [Diagnostics and treatment of non-gonococcal urethritis in men]. Vestnik poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya v sfere zdravookhraneniya. 2019;1:88-91.
Gadoev Maruf Ahmadovich Applicant, Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saidzoda Bakhromuddin Ikrom Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2497-6035 SPIN: 6668-0483 Tel.: +992 (985) 154545 E-mail: email@example.com
Information about support in the form of grants, equipment, medications
The work was carried out according to the plan of scientific research works of Avicenna Tajik State Medical University (state registration number – 0118T400858). The authors did not receive financial support from manufacturers of medicines and medical equipment
Conflicts of interest: No conflict
Address for correspondence:
Saidzoda Bakhromuddin Ikrom
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel: +992 (985) 154545
Materials on the topic:
- ANDROGEN-DEPENDENT DERMOPATHY IN WOMEN WITH KELOID SCARS
- INSTRUMENTAL AND MORPHOLOGICAL DIAGNOSTICS CRITERIA OF THE HERPES ZOSTER
- THE DISEASE INCIDENCE ANALYSIS OF THE SCABIES IN TAJIKISTAN
- CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL СHARACTERISTICS OF ACUTE NECROTIZING FORM OF CUTANEOUS LEISHMANIASIS
- MODERN VIEW TO PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR: SOME ASPECTS OF PATHOGENESIS AND CLINICAL FEATURES IN CONDITIONS OF TORRID CLIMATE