Complex diagnostics of nodular thyroid gland
Chair of General Surgery №1 Avicenna TSMU
The paper presents the results of a comprehensive diagnosis of 36 patients with nodular thyroid gland (TG) using ultrasound, fine-needle aspiration biopsy under ultrasound control, computer and magnetic resonance tomography.
The results showed that at revealing nodes in the thyroid ultrasound method by specificity (91,40%), accuracy (93,10%) and sensitivity (95,60%) precedes other diagnostic methods. However, for evaluation of surrounding anatomical structures involvement this method didn’t give sufficient information. Therefore, a comprehensive application of all mentioned diagnostic techniques significantly (98,60%, 99,20% and 98,80%, respectively) improves the diagnosis and planning of further treatment tactics of patients with thyroid nodules.
Keywords: thyroid, nodules, fine-needle aspiration biopsy, ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging.
Materials on the topic:
- Surgical treatment of idiopathik scared stenose of trachea
- Clinical - immunological disorders in urogenital chlamydiosis in men
- Evaluation of medication «Corvitin» in complex treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction
- Prevalence of liver cirrhosis in Tajikistan
- Results of therapy patients in acute stage of HIV infection among prisoners
- Analysis of pregnant women morbidity, such as research microelement status of women's population living in districts of town Lipetsk with different atnropotehnogenic load
- Hormonal and metabolic concept of pathogenesis prostate diseases
- MEDICINES INFLUENCING ON REGENERATION OF PERIPHERIAL NERVES
- ABDOMINOPLASTICS IN PATIENTS WITH POSTOPERATING SCARS OF FRONT ABDOMENWALL
- PROCESS OF RECANALIZATION IN YEARLY PERIOD AFTER ACUTE TROMBOPHLEBITIS OF DEEP VEINS OF LOW EXTREMITIS