Surgical treatmentof post-burn scar contracture of THUMB
Department of Reconstructive and Plastic Microsurgery RSCVS
Chair of Surgical Diseases № 2 Avicenna TSMU
The authors presented their own experience of surgical treatment 78 patients with post-burn scar thumb contracture of 85 hands in age from 2 to 45 years. Local plastic surgery used in 82 hands and skin-fat graft – in 3. Full-thickness skin grafts used only for 11 hands (12,9%) in addition to local plastic surgery.
Long-term results have been observed in 77 (90,6%) hands in 72 (92,3%) patients. The results of operations on 75 hands (97,4%) were good and satisfactory. Repeated corrective intervention required in 2 cases one year after surgery, then the functional state of the hand has improved significantly. The authors considers that post- burn scar contracture of thumb is one of the most difficult types of contractures when local plastic surgery is the main method of treatment.
Keywords: thumb, post-burn contracture, Z-plasty .
Materials on the topic:
- Surgical treatment of idiopathik scared stenose of trachea
- Clinical - immunological disorders in urogenital chlamydiosis in men
- Evaluation of medication «Corvitin» in complex treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction
- Prevalence of liver cirrhosis in Tajikistan
- Results of therapy patients in acute stage of HIV infection among prisoners
- Analysis of pregnant women morbidity, such as research microelement status of women's population living in districts of town Lipetsk with different atnropotehnogenic load
- Hormonal and metabolic concept of pathogenesis prostate diseases
- MEDICINES INFLUENCING ON REGENERATION OF PERIPHERIAL NERVES
- ABDOMINOPLASTICS IN PATIENTS WITH POSTOPERATING SCARS OF FRONT ABDOMENWALL
- PROCESS OF RECANALIZATION IN YEARLY PERIOD AFTER ACUTE TROMBOPHLEBITIS OF DEEP VEINS OF LOW EXTREMITIS