JOURNAL OF «AVICENNA BULLETIN» – 20 YEARS
Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
The article, devoted to the 20th anniversary of the journal “Avicenna Bulletin”, reflects the historical background of its creation, tells about the contribution of those scientists who were in the first series of the journal. Information on the main stages of the formation of Avicenna Bulletin is given. In 1999, the journal was registered by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Tajikistan (No. 464 of January 5, 1999) and re-registered on 12.11.2018, No. 084/97. Since 2003, the journal has been included in the “List ...” of the Higher Attestation Commission of Russia. Since 2008, Avicenna Bulletin has been presented in the Russian Scientific Citation Index (RSCI). It should be noted that the journal’s two-year impact factor increased from 0.02 in 2013 to 0.453 by 2018, i.e. 22 times, and the growth of the five-year impact factor during the same period amounted from 0.024 to 0.320, i.e. 13 times. In 2009, the journal was assigned the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN). During 20 years of its existence on the pages of Avicenna Bulletin were published 1641 articles including 1343 works submitted by Tajik researchers and 298 articles by foreign scientists. In 2017, Avicenna Bulletin joined the Publishers International Linking Association (PILA), and each article is assigned a unique identification number – DOI (Digital Object Identifier). To date, Avicenna’s Bulletin adheres to the “Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals” formulated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), as well as the provisions developed and approved by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). In the year of its anniversary, Avicenna Bulletin will continue the glorious traditions based on the principles of objectivity, transparency, goodwill, demanding, and ethics, and will also intensify efforts to improve its internal and external content.
Keywords: Peer-reviewed journal, editorial ethics, Russian Index of Scientific Citation, ISSN, ICMJE, COPE , PILA , DOI.
- Smirnov IE, Serebrennikova SL, Smirnov VI. Nauchnye publikatsii v mezhdunarodnykh bazakh dannykh: trebovaniya k oformleniyu edinye dlya vsekh [Scientific publications in international databases: the requirements for registration are uniform for all]. Rossiyskiy pediatricheskiy zhurnal. 2013;4:28-35.
- Zalevskiy GV. Rol’ i mesto «Sibirskogo psikhologicheskogo zhurnala» v razvitii psikhologicheskoy nauki i praktiki v regione [Role and place of the «Siberian Journal of Psychology» in the development of psychological science and practice in the region]. Sibirskiy psikhologicheskiy zhurnal. 2011;40:5-10.
- Nakvasina EN. «Lesnomu zhurnalu» – 180 let [«Forest Journal» - 180 years]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Lesnoy zhurnal. 2013;5:14-20.
- Plekhanova AM. Rol’ i znachenie materialov zhurnala «Vestnik BNTS SO RAN» v razvitii istoricheskoy nauki Sibiri [Role and importance of the journal materials «Bulletin of the BSC SD RAS» in the development of historical science of Siberia]. Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2014;7:204-13.
- Kurbanov UA, Tursunov RA. Rol’ zhurnala «Vesnik Avitsenny» v populyarizatsii tadzhikskoy meditsinskoy nauki [The role of the journal «Avicenna Bulletin» in the popularization of the Tajik Medical Science]. Vesnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2014;4:7-12.
- Dyachenko AN, Gasanov MR. Zhurnalu «Nauchnaya mysl’ Kavkaza» – 20 let [Journal «Scientific thought of the Caucasus» - 20 years]. Gumanitariy Yuga Rossii. 2015;3:147-51.
- Rafiev KhK, Zoirov PT, Baratov AK. Attestatsiya nauchnykh kadrov v TGMU im. Abuali ibn-Sino: itogi i perspektivy [Attestation of scientific personnel in the Avicenna TSMU: results and prospects]. Vesnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 1999;1:83-7.
- Bashchinskiy SE, Vlasova VV (red.) Rekomendatsii po podgotovke meditsinskikh publikatsiy. Sbornik statey i dokumentov [Recommendations for the preparation of medical publications. Collection of articles and documents]. Moscow, RF: Media Sfera; 2006. 464 p.
- Kirillova OV. Podgotovka i izdanie nauchnogo zhurnala. Mezhdunarodnaya praktika po etike redaktirovaniya, retsenzirovaniya, izdaniya i avtorstva nauchnykh publikatsiy: sbornik perevodov [Preparation and publication of a scientific journal. International ethics practice editing, reviewing, publishing and authorship of scientific publications: a collection of translations]. Moscow, RF: Finansovyy universitet; 2013. 140 p.
- Tishchenko PD, Yudin BG. Problema nedobrosovestnosti v nauchnykh issledovaniyakh [The problem of bad faith in scientific researches]. Zdravookhranenie. 2015;11:67-75.
- Kirillova OV, Popova NG, Skalaban AV, Zeldina MM, Loskutova TA. Rekomendatsii po podgotovke sayta nauchnogo zhurnala: osnovnye trebovaniya dlya predstavleniya izdaniya rossiyskomu i mezhdunarodnomu soobshchestvu [Recommendations for the preparation of a scientific journal website: basic requirements for presenting publications to the Russian and international community]. Ekaterinburg, RF: Izd-vo Ural. un-ta; 2018. 92 p.
Gulov Mahmadshoh Kurbonalievich Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Rector of Avicenna Tajik State Medical University; Editor-in-Chief of Journal «Avicenna Bulletin»
Baratov Alisher Kenjaevich Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Managing Editor of Journal «Avicenna Bulletin»
Information about support in the form of grants, equipment, medications
The authors did not receive financial support from manufacturers of medicines and medical equipment
Conflicts of interest: No conflict
Address for correspondence:
Baratov Alisher Kenjaevich
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Managing Editor of Journal «Avicenna Bulletin»
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: +992 (907) 978815