PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PEDAGOGICAL ASPECTS OF TEACHING BASIC MODULE «CARE FOR SURGICAL PATIENTS» TO STUDENTS OF THE FIRST COURSE OF THE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
Modern standards of teaching the course «Care for surgical patients» presuppose the presence of high competition among the teaching staff and practical focus on the formation of clinical thinking of students. Unfortunately, students are not fully familiar with the nuances of applying the theoretical information offered in the course, in practice. To form the full competence of the future specialist, it is important to study the main objectives of the course and teachers could use methods of teaching the discipline that. Examples given of the use of foreign experience, for example, the study of screening systems to determine the patient’s satisfaction with the quality of the medical services provided. Prospects for the study are based on the introduction of additional practical exercises and the observance of existing medical and ethical standards, regulated by the laws of Russia. Attention is focused on the main disciplines studied in the medical college, examining the mental and psychological health of the patient, as well as the ability of medical students to visually identify and fix the patient’s state of the department of surgery. As methods of research, practical experience in teaching, information from domestic and foreign colleagues is taken as a basis, which together forms the tasks and subjects of the course.
Keywords: Medical ethics, a teaching of deontology, training of students, education of patients care.
- Depersonalisation and derealisation: Assessment and management. Available from: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail. uri?authorId=7202739028 [Accessed 8th December 2017].
- Baker D, Hunter E, Lawrence E, Medford N, Patel M, Senior C, et al. Depersonalisation disorder: Clinical features of 204 cases. Available from: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=7202739028[Access ed 8th December 2017].
- Impact of a risk calculator on risk perception and surgical decision making: A randomized trial. Available from: https://www.scopus.com/ sourceid/20485?origin=sbrowse [Accessed 8th December 2017].
- Sweeney BW. Teaching Surgery to Medical Students. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3577572/ [Accessed 8th December 2017].
- Kabba A, Hussein GMA, Kasule OH, Jarallah J, Alrukban M, Alrashid A. Teaching and evaluation methods of medical ethics in the Saudi public medical colleges: Cross-sectional questionnaire study. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3850889/ [Accessed 8th December 2017].
- Tarakanov VA, Starchenko VM, Nadgeriev VM, Stryukovskiy AE, Lunyaka AN, Ovsepyan VA. Opyt prepodavaniya obshchego ukhoda za khirurgicheskimi bol’nymi [ Experience in teaching general care for surgical patients]. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal eksperimental’nogo obrazovaniya. 2012;4(2):243-5.
- Zalikina LS. Ukhod za bol’nymi [Care of patients]. Moscow, RF: MIA; 2008. 208 p
- Oslopov VN. Obshchiy ukhod za bol’nymi v terapevticheskoy klinike [General care for patients in the therapeutic clinic]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2006. 396 p
- Turkina NV, Filenko AB. Obshchiy ukhod za bol’nymi [General care for patients]. Moscow, RF: Tovarishchestvo nauch. izd. KMK; 2007. 550 p.
- Karasyova LA. Znachenie simulyatsionnogo tsentra v podgotovke spetsialistov sestrinskogo dela [The importance of the simulation center in the training of nurses]. Medsestra. 2016;4:54-7.
Dyabkin Evgeny Vladimirovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of General Surgery named after Professor M.I. Gulman, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. VoynoYasenetsky
Kopytova Kristina Vadimovna, 4th year Student of Pediatric Faculty, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. VoynoYasenetsky
Address for correspondence:
Dyabkin Evgeny Vladimirovich
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of General Surgery named after Professor M.I. Gulman, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky
660022, Russian Federation, Krasnoyarsk, str. Partizan Zheleznyak, 1
Tel .: +7 (913) 5149179
Materials on the topic:
- DISTANT EDUCATION IN DENTISTRY: ORGANIZATION AND ECONOMIC EFFECTIVENESS
- THE EFFECTIVENESS OF SIMULATION TRAINING ON BASIC RESUSCITATION MEASURES IN SKILLS TRAINING CENTER OF AVICENNA TAJIK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- APPLIANCE OF MODERN INFORMATIVE TECHNOLOGIES IN MEDICAL POSTGRADUATE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS