MEDICO-SOCIAL STATUS OF COMBUSTIOLOGICAL PATIENTS AND CLINICO-ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF THE RESULTS OF THEIR TREATMENT
Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, Tambov, Russian Federation
Objective: Analysis of the medico-social status of patients with thermal lesions for assessment of the economic costs of their treatment, the possibility of integration of medical and social technologies, and organization of the combustiological aid on the area of Russian Federation.
Methods: The prevalence of thermal damage in 2013-2015 was studied using the example of the combustiological service of the Tambov region of the Russian Federation; the structure of thermal lesions was investigated; the organizational issues of medical and social assistance were considered, and the economic efficiency of regional health resources usage was estimated. The total volume of observations comprised 1264 units.
Results: It was shown that thermal trauma possesses regional characteristics. They are determined by the climatic geographic regime of the territory, the tendency of economic development, cultural and national traditions, etc. A constructed model might be used for estimation of the actual costs of a patient’s stay in the hospital as well as for their prediction. Various change of expenses such as treatment, anesthesia, examination, specialist services, and surgery determines differences in the overall costs for hospital stay. Conclusions: The developed algorithm for the organization of specialized medical care for victims with thermal injuries allows increasing the efficiency and providing timely assistance to patients of this category as well as rationally planning the economic costs on treatment and rehabilitation.
Conclusions: The developed algorithm for the organization of specialized medical care for victims with thermal injuries allows increasing the efficiency and providing timely assistance to patients of this category as well as rationally planning the economic costs on treatment and rehabilitation.
Keywords: Thermal injuries, thermal trauma, alcoholization, medico-social status, clinico-economic analysis, treatment costs, organization of combustiological care.
- Kakorina EP. Sovremennaya mediko-demograficheskaya situatsiya v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Modern medical and demographic situation in the Russian Federation]. Byulleten’ natsional’nogo nauchno-issledovatel’skogo instituta obshchestvennogo zdorov’ya. 2007;2:9-11.
- Obuhova EV, Shapovalova MA. Gospitalizirovannaya zabolevaemost’ i letal’nost’ pri termicheskoy travme [Hospitalized morbidity and mortality in case of thermal trauma]. Problemy sotsial’noy gigieny, zdravookhraneniya i istorii meditsiny. 2011;2:18-22.
- Artamoshina MP. Smertnost’ i letal’nost’ pri dorozhno-transportnom travmatizme [Mortality in road traffic injuries]. Byulleten’ natsional’nogo nauchno-issledovatel’skogo instituta obshchestvennogo zdorov’ya. 2007;3:28-30.
- Obukhova EV, Shapovalova MA, Kitiashvili IZ. Sotsiologicheskiy portret patsientov s termicheskimi travmami [Sociological portrait of patients with thermal traumas]. Vestnik novykh meditsinskikh tekhnologiy. 2009; XVI(1):164-9.
- Obukhova EV, Shapovalova MA. Tekhnologicheskoe obosnovanie zatrat na lechenie termicheskikh travm [Tehnological explanation of treatment costs for thermal traumas]. Astrakhanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2010;4:137-41.
- Shpilyanskiy EM. Sovremennye tekhnologii organizatsii pomoshchi postradavshim ot termicheskikh travm [Modern technologies for the organization of assistance to victims of thermal injuries]. Kemerovo, RF: InSEPZ; 2008. 196 p.
- Shpilyanskiy EM. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskaya effektivnost’ eksperimental’nykh form organizatsii meditsinskoy pomoshchi sotsial’no-nezashchishchyonnym gruppam naseleniya [Socio-economic effectiveness of experimental forms of organization of medical care for socially unprotected groups of the population]. Ekonomika zdravookhraneniya. 2009;4(137):16-20.
- Efimenko SM. Vliyanie obraza zhizni na zdorov’e [The influence of lifestyle on health]. Problemy sotsial’noy gigieny i zdravookhraneniya i istorii meditsiny. 2007;1:8-14.
- Chen G-X, Han C-M. Economic evaluation of early enteral nutrition in severely burned patients. Chinese Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2006;4(1):7-10.
- Lam NN, Tien NG, Khoa CM. Early enteral feeding for burned patients – an effective method which should be encouraged in developing countries. Burns. 2008;34(2):192-6.
- Gerasimov BI, Zlobina NV, Spiridonov SP. Upravlenie kachestvom [Quality control]. Moskva, RF: KNORUS; 2007. 272 p.
- Zinchuk YuYu. Ekonomicheskaya samostoyatel’nost’ lechebnoprofilakticheskikh uchrezhdeniy – osnova reformirovaniya makroekonomiki zdravookhraneniya [Economic independence of medical and preventive institutions is the basis for reforming the macroeconomics of health care]. Zdravookhranenie Rossiyskoy Federatsii. 2009;1:12-7.
- Tateladze DG. Medico-social aspects of the organization of the ambustial aids to the region population. News of Science and Education. 2014;11:84-7.
- Tateladze DG, Simonov SN. Health and social support of burn injuries. Science, Technology and Higher Education: Materials of the X International Research and Practice Conference, April 28-29, 2016.Westwood, Canada; 2016. р. 85-9.
- Tateladze DG, Simonov SN. Health and social of patients with burn injuries. The Ninth European Conference on Biology and Medical Science. 5th March 2016. Vienna, Austria; 2016. р. 147-52.
- Tateladze DG, Simonov SN. Kliniko-statisticheskiy analiz bol’nyh s termicheskimi porazheniyami [Clinical and statistical analysis of patients with thermal lesions]. Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Seriya Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki. 2017;22(1):204-10.
Tateladze David Georgievich, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Faculty Surgery at Medical Institute TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
Simonov Sergey Nikolaevich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Deputy Director of the Medical Institute for Scientific Work, Professor at the Department of Public Health and Health Care at Medical Institute TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
Gulin Aleksandr Vladimirovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Head of the Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology at Medical Institute TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
Address for correspondence:
Simonov Sergey Nikolaevich
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Deputy Director of the Medical Institute for Scientific Work, Professor at the Department of Public Health and Health Care at Medical Institute TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
392002, Russian Federation, Tambov, Astrakhanskaya Street, 25«а», apartment 1
Tel.: (+7) 915 6609875
Materials on the topic:
- IMPROVEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL FORMS OF WORK OF THE LOCAL MEDICAL ORGANIZATION PROVIDING OUTPATIENT MEDICAL CARE
- ASSESSMENT OF PRENATAL CARE IN THE REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
- THE POSSIBILITIES OF USING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MANAGEMENT OF THE ORGANIZATION’S PROCESSES OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
- CURRENT PROBLEMS OF INTEGRATION WORK OF THE DUSHANBE AMBULANCE SERVICE WITH CITY HEALTH CENTERS, NURSING CARE HOSPITAL AND OTHER PROFILE SERVICES