CLINICAL AND MORPHOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF MULTINODULAR EUTHYROID GOITER
Department of General surgery №1, avicenna Tajik state Medical university, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
City Clinical Hospital №5 named after academician Tadjiev К.Т., Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: To study the structure and the rate of multinodular euthyroid goiter (MEG) based on the results of postoperative histological examination.
Methods: The study is based on investigation which included 63 patients operated at the Department of General Surgery, in Local Clinical Hospital №5 named after Academician Tadjiev К.Т. in the period of 2014-2016 years. MEG comprised 42 (66.7%) cases from the total number of patients. There were 3 (7.2%) of men and 39 (92.8%) of women among the patients with MEG. The age of patients varied from 18 to 77 years, averaged to 48.3±12.9 years.
Results: The current study presents the clinicopathological finding and the rate of MEG before operation, on data of objective and instrumental methods, and after surgery, based on the results of histological study. The obtained results demonstrated that the rate of MEG before operation was 66.7 %, and after histological study comprised to 30.1 %. In the rest of the cases it was presented by nodular or diffuse goiter.
Conclusions: In data base of clinicopathological finding of MEG the leading place belongs to the colloid goiter possessing various degree of proliferation. The rate of MEG considerably smaller after the histological study, as in certain cases under the mask of the MEG the nodular and/or diffuse goiter undergoes surgery.
Keywords: Multinodular goiter, fine-needle aspiration biopsy, ultrasound investigation, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging, histological study.
- Aristarkhov VG, Danilov NV. Otdalyonnye rezul’taty operativnogo lecheniya dobrokachestvennykh zabolevaniy shchitovidnoy zhelezy u pozhilykh patsientov [Long-term results of operative treatment of benign thyroid diseases in elderly patients]. Rossiyskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnik imeni akademika I.P. Pavlova. 2014;1:103-4.
- Chernikov RA. Uzlovoy zob (epidimiologiya, metody vyyavleniya, diagnosticheskaya taktika) [Nodular goiter (epidemiology, detection methods, diagnostic tactics)]. Klinicheskaya i eksperimental’naya tireoidologiya. 2013; 9(2):22-35.
- Tsurkan AYu. Khirurgicheskaya taktika pri mnogou zlovom eutireoidnom zobe [Surgical tactics for multinodular euthyroid goiter]. Vestnik eksperimental’noy i klinicheskoy khirurgii. 2011;4(1):153-5.
- Gulov MK, Nurov ZM. Profilaktika rannikh posleoperatsionnykh oslozhneniy v khirurgii diffuznogo toksicheskogo zoba [Prevention of early postoperative complications in the surgery of diffuse toxic goiter]. Avicenna Bulletin (Vestnik Avitsenny). 2012;1:40-2.
- Kakhkharov AN, Ibodova GKh. Sovremennye aspekty diagnostiki i khirurgicheskogo lecheniya dobrokachestvennogo uzlovogo i mnogouzlovogo zoba [Modern aspects of diagnosis and surgical treatment of benign nodal and multinodal goiter]. Zdravookhranenie Tadzhikistana. 2016;1:77-82.
- Tsurkan AYu, Vanushko VE, Beltsevich DG, Lanshakov KV, Manushakyan GA. Sovremennye podkhody k lecheniyu mnogouzlovogo eutireoidnogo zoba [Modern approaches to the treatment of multinodal euthyroid goiter]. Klinicheskaya i eksperimental’naya tireoidologiya. 2010;6(1):3-11.
- Shtandel’ SA, Barylyak IR, Khaziev VV, Gopkalova IV. Zabolevaniya shchitovidnoy zhelezy i factory, vliyayushchie na ikh rasprostrannyonnost’ v populyatsii [Diseases of the thyroid gland and factors affecting on their prevalence in the population]. Ekologicheskaya genetika. 2010;8(1):42-9.
- Yusupova ShYu, Zokirov RA, Abdurozikov AA, Okilov MO. Rezul’taty ultrazvukovogo issledovaniya sostoyaniya tireoidnoy parenkhimy [Results of ultrasound examination of the thyroid tissue]. Avicenna Bulletin (Vestnik Avitsenny). 2012;4:77-9.
- Gеmez PA, Gutierrez MT, Gomez J. Development and outcomes of the surgical management of multinodular goiter. Cir Esp. 2013; 80(2):83-9.
Gulov Mahmadshoh Kurbonalievich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Professor at the Department of General Surgery № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Rasulov Abdullodjon Gafurovich, post-graduate student at the Department of General Surgery № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Nurov Zoirsho Mirahmadovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant at the Department of General Surgery № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Soliev Holmurod Mahmudovich, Doctor-Functionalist at the Department of Consultative and Diagnostic Medicine of City Clinical Hospital № 5 named after Academician Tadjiev К.Т.
Address for correspondence:
Rasulov Abdullodjon Gafurovich
Post-graduate student at the Department of General Surgery № 1 Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Avenue, 139,
Tel.: (+992) 938 207795
Materials on the topic:
- POSSIBILITIES OF SURGICAL TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ACUTE PANCREATITIS OF THE HEAVY DEGREE IN CONDITIONS OF SPECIALIZED DEPARTMENT OF REGIONAL CLINICAL HOSPITAL
- SURGICAL APPROACH IN ACUTE CHOLECYSTITIS COMPLICATED BY BOTH CHOLEDOCHOLITHIASIS AND OBSTRUCTIVE JAUNDICE
- SOME ASPECTS OF PATHOGENESIS OF THE VENTRAL HERNIAS
- COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE RESULTS OF COMPLEX OPERATIVE-MEDICAL TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH COMPLICATED FORMS OF THE DIABETIC FOOT SYNDROME